Home

Music

Video

Kanny

# ISIS claims responsibility for death of Nigerian soldiers in Damaturu

A militant Islamist fighter waving a flag, cheers as he takes part in a military parade along the streets of Syria's northern Raqqa province June 30, 2014. The fighters held the parade to celebrate their declaration of an Islamic "caliphate" after the group captured territory in neighbouring Iraq, a monitoring service said. The Islamic State, an al Qaeda offshoot previously known as Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), posted pictures online on Sunday of people waving black flags from cars and holding guns in the air, the SITE monitoring service said. Picture taken June 30, 2014. REUTERS/Stringer (SYRIA - Tags: POLITICS CIVIL UNREST CONFLICT) - RTR3WKMT
In a statement on Thursday, the militant group, which Boko Haram pledged alliance to two years ago, explained how its members organised the operation.
“The fighters took three four-wheel-drive vehicles and others mounted with rifles and heavy weaponry and various ammunition,” the statement said.
ISIS, however, did not provide evidence for its claim.
Spokesman of 3 division military base in Damaturu, Kayode Ogunsanya, said there was casualty on both sides, but he could not ascertain the number.
“There was casualty on both sides but I cannot ascertain the number. Men on ground had repelled the attack,” Ogunsanya had said.
This is the first time that ISIS will take full responsibility for an attack in Nigeria.

Share this



Fb tt wp ig
Powered by DuniyarHausa and Developed By DuniyarHausa Web team